Sunday, December 18, 2011

Rise Up Singing: Morningtown Ride

I am sharing this version of a favourite childrens' song, for a few reasons.
I enjoy the videos made by this young Montrealer. His determination to record all the songs in a song book called Rise Up and Sing is inspriring, I think. I also enjoy his down to earth approach to recording.

Matthew is of my son's generation, and I feel a connection to his songs somehow. I like that several Raffi songs have been chosen by Matthew, because I think he is a wonderful children's songwriter and performer, and has had a tremendous influence on the lives of children in Canada.

This song is a lullaby but also seems fitting for the Christmas season. I believe it is featured on Raffi's Christmas cd for children, although not written by Raffi.

I think you will enjoy this. I do plan on sharing one or two Hanukkah songs, this week, from this young man's recordings.

Cheers!
To view this You Tube video, just click on the words "Read More".


No comments: